May the Randomness Be With You

Monday, January 5, 2015

Skyrim "Fair Isle" Convertible Hat with Chart


This is THE first post on Raving Raven Crochet! *Excited*
You should all be very proud of me, I have put this off for way too long!
Anyway... on to CROCHET!

I was severely disappointed that there weren't more crocheters out there that enjoy (personally, I'm OBSESSED) with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Come on! Sucumb to the nerdy-ness and just crochet me a nice little tribute, doesn't have to be anything relevant! Make me a scarf named "Lydia" I don't care. Just something Skyrim related!

Anyway... Now that I have ranted sufficiently... The pattern...

The hat is based on the Convertible Hat designed by April Draven over on her blog. Original credit for overall hat design goes to her great pattern. I'd made several before I made this one.
The bottom of the hat says "Dragonborn" in the dragon language. I used a cross stitch chart I found as a base but it had to be pushed closer together to fit on the hat. The middle is just a basic zigzag pattern. The top is the compass that every Dragonborn has come to know and love. Just above that are two arrows, just in case you happened to take one (or two) to the knee.

This hat took a while to work up. Mainly because of the color changes but also because I crocheted pretty tight. Okay, enough pictures. Here is the chart.
I hope you all like this chart and are as excited as I am for more patterns!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am fairly certain that I used either an F or a G. I also tried to crochet tightly so you might use smaller if you crochet loosely. My brim ended up being about twenty inches. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. Could you tell me what kind of stitch/pattern you used on the bottom white??Also did you make it starting out as a ring or did you join it together at the end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started the hat at the bottom and I worked my way up. I believe I used a foundation double for the base and front posted 2 and then back posted 2 three times for the brim. I joined each round to keep the pattern squared. I hope that helps!

      Delete